Saturday, July 4, 2009

I am a terrible tourist...

I have been in London for the last 3 days, one more day here and then I head to Paris for 3 days, then back to Galway (and work). I am having lots of fun but keep forgetting to take photos L. I really am a bad tourist and I get angry at other tourists although I am a tourist. Maybe I’m just a bad person? I am definitely a grumpy tourist. Not because I don’t like other tourists, but because I have a blister the size of JUPITER on my heel. Did you know? The temperature on Jupiter is minus153 degrees Celsius. How do I know that you ask? Well I went to the Natural History Museum – it was very cool – I stayed there for about 2 hours, it just kept going and going. I could have easily stayed for sooo much longer, had I not had a giant blister L

Things I have done in London so far:

- Hamleys Toy Shop – very cool, so many toys, so much fun to be had.

- Changing of the Guards at Buckingham Palace – I couldn’t see too much so I left before it had finished.

- Kensington Park

- Hyde Park

- Walked around Piccadilly Circus and surrounding areas – I got lost so I can’t tell you exactly where I was

- I had a sundae at Harrods – it was so yummy (very expensive) but pretty good. Thought I might have to roll back to my hostel though.

- Went to see ‘Wicked’ at the Apollo Theatre – Very Very Very Great!

- Wandered around a lot.

- Sat in a few parks and people watched.

- Went for a drink in Soho.

- Camden and Portobello market – I got so lost in the Camden Markets, at one point I was inside upstairs and next thing I knew I was downstairs outside (????). So lost.

Tomorrow I am going to head into the city and check out a few things, see what I find.

The weather is stunning and beautiful here at the moment! Very warm :) I had to buy some thongs today.

Will let you know what I end up doing and my adventures in Paris!

All my love xx

2 comments:

  1. Oh Rhiannon .. touristing with a blister is not fun. You poor thing. Did you burst it? Sounds like you've done loads of things and it doesn't matter about the photos. That's what postcards are for. And how was Paris? Belle? You'll be back in Galway very soon if you aren't already. Time goes so fast on holidays doesn't it? Lots of love from all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did pop it. I didn't think that you were meant to pop blisters but it hurt so much. So i went to a pharmacy and after two of the ladies working there gasped at it, the pharmacist told me to pop it and drain it and how to care for it, it was gross, but felt a lot better afterwards. Paris was lovely, beautiful city. Had much fun. Back in Galway now, i want to go somewhere else. Time goes fast definitely.

    ReplyDelete