Friday, May 15, 2009

Mem Fox's 'Where is the green sheep?' would have been a lot shorter had she been in Ireland

Since arriving in this fair country, i have seen red sheep, blue sheep, yellow sheep and green sheep - how can this be you may ask? SHEEP GRAFFITI. People here tag sheep,  no walls for them, just sheep. Hilarious! 
Not too much has happened this week. Just working and stuff. You know stuff. 
One thing i have started doing, is walking in the morning, only for an hour or so but by the end of the day i am exhausted - it is a terrible, in both a tired aspect and reflection on my fitness i think. But its been good to get out in the morning before work.  And thankfully we had a few sunny days this week. 
I went to a 'gathering' last night of non-Irish people working in Ireland, mostly Canadians. It was lots of fun! Met lots of nice people. Before i went, I had to drag myself away the EUROVISION semi-final though which was upsetting- I love Eurovision. Spoiler alert: Ireland did not get through, quite sad. 
I have been listening to Triple J on the internet - It makes me seem less far away from home, its a nice feeling. 
All my love xx

3 comments:

  1. Hi,

    If you go on to afl.com.au you can listen to the footy - but probably not worth it at the moment as the Tigers are absolutely woeful - glad you are getting some aussie links.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there in Ireland,

    Grandma wants to know if you have seen any black sheep! She is very happy that you are enjoying yourself in your job and other parts of your life.
    I am going down to the footy at the MCG on Saturday, Tigers beat the Bombers - I don't think I could stand singing that Essendon theme song!
    It has being raining in Queensland - floods again thats about the fourth time. They could send us some down here - all the dams,rivers and lakes are drying up
    Bye for now

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, tell grandma that i have seen black sheep and they like the white and coloured sheep are quite shaggy :). Have a great time at the footy. Yeah i was told about the rain hopefully it does make it down, would be good.

    ReplyDelete