Thursday, May 7, 2009

Still writing this as much for my own amusement as anything..

Yay, i have just woken up and the sun is shining! Yesterday was a horrible day it was, cold, wet and windy, which meant that the idea of an umbrella was ruled out. People did still try and there were a few broken unbrellas in the bins around the city. The persistent unbrella users just stuck their brollies in front of themselves and hoped for the best. The wild weather meant that we weren't as busy as we have been at work so that so kind of nice. Work is going well. Got my first pay cheque yesterday - well when i say i got it I would have if I hadn't left it at work, I'm going to put it in my bag first thing today. t will be getting quite less pay than i will be in the coming weeks until my tax certificate saying that i have a job comes, before then i have to pay an emergency tax of 41%, gotta love the Irish government, I get it back when my tax certificate arrives, possibly in the next couple of weeks but who knows :) 
Otherwise everything is good. I could get swine flu - but i've seen the ads on tv so i am know fully educated - If you sneeze use a tissue and wash you hands - if only all of lifes problems were that easy. I'll let you know how that goes. 
Once i get dressed - unfortunately it has to be done I have to work today - i will go get the Galway Advertiser. It is the free paper that comes out on Thurday but is pretty much gone everywhere, by about 11 am. Its not exceptionally news worthy but it advises me on what is happening about town which is useful. The thing that i find quite funny is that when the paper reports that somebody has for example been arrested, their name is followed by their address, so if you really wanted to you could go throw rocks at their house. It is very strange.
Well i better get dressed and go find out where i should be throwing my rocks.
All my love xx 

7 comments:

  1. No don't throw rocks... You'll get caught and then and named in the paper and then they'll al be coming to your house to throw rocks at you!! I know your social life may be a bit restricted but that would be a very desperate measure. I'm sure there are lots of nice people you can meet in more constructive ways. Glad to hear that work is going well. Love your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the advice! You're very right i do not want people throwing rocks at me. Hope all is well xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Throwing roocks not a good idea If you do get caught give them your Aust address that will confuse them sam got mum a mothers day present and declan wrote on the card We rang G MA for mothers day She is good We sent her an email card which she cant read because uncle marks computer is broken

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to take aunty mary's advice over yours. I think that they have means to my Irish address anyway. Just to be clear i am not going to throw rocks anyway. Good work sam. Average work Dec. I guess he is kinda poor but we won't hold that against him. Well done all round on the mothers day front.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are enjoying yourself - they used to put people's addresses in the Court Penalites in the Warrnambool - never thought of the rocks thing - may be why it doesn't happen any more. considering the Maguire connection to the IRA probably rock throwing isn't a good thing - when are you going to Cork - G-ma's ancestors come from there (Arundells.
    Got G-ma some flowers - seemed to like them! Better go - cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thinking of heading to Cork in the next couple of weeks for a weekend. I'll let you know how i go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Computer is back on line - all fixed. Grandma is doing fine and keeping out of trouble, she hopes you are the same. Uncle Kev rang on Mothers Day and he said he had your dad for tea and caught up with the news in Adelaide and Ireland.
    Bye from Terang

    ReplyDelete