Monday, August 3, 2009

And they're off...

The Galway Races were last week, all week. I didn't make it to any of the race days as I had to work everyday - although I would have loved to dress up in a pretty dress and wear an obstruction on my head - I could have gone on Saturday or Sunday but was happy enough to just head into town after the races. The races brought loads of people to Galway, loads of people who went from the races to the city for a big night. The main street of the city was made a glass free zone as people gathered both inside and outside of the pubs. Many pubs set up outdoor bars so that you didn't even have to go inside to get drink. I was quite amused that there were lines outside of pubs - this I had not seen before in Galway and pubs that would never be full were packed. It was a great atmosphere, a busy hard to move inside and up and down the street atmosphere but it was fun.
All my love xx

2 comments:

  1. Hey just caught up with your blogs and it is grand to read them. You are sounding Irish! I loved Killarney - it was such a cute town - very touristy. And it did seem to take ages to get places because they don't have many freeways! It's 10 months since we were there and it was sooo green.It's never that green at the end of our summer is it? Galway seems to be buzzing. Glad you are getting to do all the fun things.
    Lots of love, The Eltham crew.
    PS What's happening on the job front?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Job front: I didn't end up applying for the job i was going to, I managed to talk myself out of it but there were a few more advertised this week I may have a go at.

    ReplyDelete