Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The boats have gone :(

The Volvo Ocean Race has officially left Galway on its way to St Petersburg I think. We farewelled it on sat and after nearly 2 weeks of no rain, praise God, the rain came pelting down as the boats left from Salthill, a beachy part just out of the city. Even with my brolly I got very wet. Never mind it was a great 2 weeks, and lots and lots of fun. I was worried that I wouldn’t know what to do with my self this week but I have been surviving. I have been trying to catch up on sleep, although having said this I can not get to sleep before 10, lying in bed when it is still quite bright outside seems silly and hard to get to sleep. The summer solstice is in a couple of weeks so that should be fun, not sure what we have planned but I don’t think that much sleep will be involved.
I need not worry about the race festivities coming to an end though. July will bring the Galway Arts Festival and the Galway races which are meant to be huge, so that should all be fun. I already have my ticket to see Bon Iver at the arts festival – Yay!!!
Did you know that, Ireland has a Prime Minister and a President – bit greedy.
I found out last week that Tim Tams are available here, it was very exciting and I have already bought 2 packets and have got my American and Canadian friends hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment