Sunday, October 18, 2009

If I had a surfboard and a wetsuit, does that mean that i went surfing??

Well if it does then, yesterday I went surfing near Westport, north of Galway and apart from the fact that it was absolutely positively freezing in and out of the water, it was lots of fun. For the record, I can't actually surf but I still had heaps of fun. We spent the whole afternoon at the beach. A lot of that later in the arvo was time was spent in the warmth of the car watching other people surf but still. I went with a friend who's house i also stayed at over the weekend. It was lovely. Even if just to be in a house with a family and dogs and all that homey kind of stuff, and the company was great. Friday night was so clear out that there were sooo many stars. You can't really see much star wise in the city. So it was great to just lie under the starts wrapped in a jacket and blanket.
Last week I was also on TV, well kind of I was in the audience of the taping of a show called the Byrne Ultimatum. A comedy quiz show hosted by comedian Jason Byrne. It was very funny. It was broadcast on Monday night but I was at swing dancing lessons but I was able to watch the recording of it over the weekend. It was only a half hour show when aired but took just over 2 hours to record, so of course there were lots of the funny bits were taken out but it was still good. We were on TV 2 or 3 times I think as we were in the front row. So I'm now famous!
Still working more than i would prefer but its ok and means more money than i would be instead be earning, I think that it is going to decrease this week.
Well it was a great weekend!
This week, I am going to swing dancing lessons and bongo lessons. So I will be a self proclaimed amazing dancing drummer by the end of the week.
After a few dry weeks, the rain has started again today :( And it is getting cold and dark.
All my love, Rhiannon xx

1 comment:

  1. Hey Rhiannon TV star!! and Surfer!! I think you should be working for the Irish Tourist Board .. I certainly haven't heard those sorts of activities mentioned in publicity for Ireland.
    You are very busy ... that's great .. much better than sitting around. All well here. Daylight saving has started so we are enjoying alall the sunshine you aren't getting. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete