Saturday, April 18, 2009

Apple and Cinnamon Hot Cross Buns!!!

Hello!!! That is me yelling at you from the Emerald Isle. Can you hear me? Even if you can’t I’d appreciate if you would pretend. Yes I am well thank you. And you? Grand. Ok back to serious matters, I don’t really have too many, which I am glad for, serious matters are quite daunting. Well other than I had 2 interviews today, yay for me. One was with a recruitment agency, for a Food service Assistant, a role that is much like what I did at the campsite just on a larger scale, so I am perfectly suited for it (listen to me) and the other for a small family run café. So here is how it went, I am now registered with the agency so I just have to wait for their clients to contact them and then they will contact me, so that is good news. It is work so that is good. Hard to know how much it will be but it is something. In regard to the other interview I have a trial shift on Monday so I am hoping that it goes well. I am writing this on Friday night and will post it tomorrow morning hopefully, still don’t have internet. I am writing this now to hold off eating dinner, I know that deep down I’m not actually hungry just bored. On arriving home at 4:30pm this arvo I got into my pj pants and may have had a few cups of tea and peanut butter on toast (my new favourite comfort food) and eaten the majority of my emergency chocolate, whoops. So it now being 6:15 I don’t actually need dinner just yet. In chocolate related news: I had a kit kat yesterday – I was craving and not having any friends (I know but it’s ok I’m working through it) or a job, I’m doing a lot reading and spending time in bed. And I am still trying to get over my cold/flu (if I find whoever gave it to me I will give them a smack up the side of the head – just a warning) So I have a lot of time to carve chocolate. So the result of was the realisation that, Irish kit kat’s are terrible well not terrible but definitely B grade quality chocolate. My emergency chocolate – well what is left of it - is quite yummy. If you are interested it is Amnesty International Fairtrade 30% cocoa chocolate and if you are nice ti me I will bring you some home. I really need to find a job or a hobby that gets me out the house before I put on a few unwanted extra kilos. I am going to go for a walk tomorrow so all will be ok and I am banning myself from sweets.  

Anyway, I have just come back from Marks and Spencer I had to get out the house and it is quite cold today and it is my nearest big shop and I bought wait for it, ready? (counting on my fingers right now) six words. Apple and cinnamon hot cross buns. They sound delightfully yummy. Yes? I also bought an orange to get some extra vitamin C. But it seems that although not so popular Hot cross buns are still being made although it is past Easter. I am confused not complaining because I love hot cross buns but confused. That is all I have to say on that matter. I hope that you are enjoying my ranting, it keeps me entertained, so really I don’t mind if you are reading it at all. Thank you for your time (Who has been attending interviews and writing cover letters? Huh?) Sorry about the very food orientated post. Time for dinner.

All my love, Rhiannon xx 

 

Ok it is now Saturday morning and the hot cross buns were great by the way!!!

4 comments:

  1. Rhiannon,

    Great to hear that you have moved in to apartment - the job front is starting to look promising - hopefully you can find something soon! Had a good Easter with the Gaussens - everyone says Hi, Jane's school computers block blogs which is a bit of a pain - I figured out 4 year olds and chocolate don't mix!!

    Cheers
    Anne-Maree

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your food blogs! Was surprised that you didn't like mushies ... try them instead of chocolate! marks and sparks is great isn't it? I love their mixed sandwiches ..of all things ..and Steve is partial to the truffles.
    Fingers crossed for the jobs. Two would certainly be better than none. I notice Anna didn't tell you how hopeless Richmond are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mum told me on the phone today how hopeless they are and the only way they could win a game they would have to play freo in melbourne, doesn't sound promising.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 4 year olds and chocolate are a great mix just in moderation :)

    ReplyDelete