Thursday, April 9, 2009

It’s raining in Ireland today and Rhiannon can’t go outside to play….

Hello, as promised this will be a more positive entryAlthough it has been raining all day I am trying to look at everything in a more positive light. I just ate a freddo frog and it has made me happy inside, a little fatter but you have to make sacrifices. It is now two weeks and two days since I set off on my wonderful adventure. I know not that long but it feels like I have been here for a long time.

I am feeling happier (my life could be better) and I am looking at the goods things that have happened and are happening.
Right,
- I have an apartment, moved in yesterday, and my house mates are lovely. They all stayed in for a dvd, wine and snacks last night for my first night it was very welcoming.
- I live in walking distance of the city centre, well actually I’m kind of in the city centre just off to the side. There is also a bus stop just outside if I need to go further out into Galway and the bus and train station is a 2 min walk if I need to go across to Dublin or down to Cork or anywhere in between. I’m glad I got somewhere close as I did 2 trips to Dunnes today, as the rain was heavy and I only wanted to carry I bag at a time. It was no trouble at all to drop off one bag and go and finish my shopping. So close and handy
- Friends is on, that can only mean good times, although I only saw this episode last week.
- I am finally going to have nice clean clothes; they are currently in the washing machine right now. The washing machine is in the kitchen, he he.
- I do not have a job but I have faith that something will come along soon. Dropped off a few more CVs today at some cafes that were looking for staff.
- I bought hot cross buns today, yum and I am going to eat them the next couple of mornings. Yay!!! Hot cross buns don’t seem very popular here, there were maybe 10 packets of buns on the shelf and I bought one of them. I was excited that I even found them they aren’t really anywhere.
- I am finally getting better, and over my wretched flu, I decide that it was more than a cold. I still laugh with a croak but am feeling better. (I’ve been laughing)
- I’m in Ireland, that in itself is just very exciting. Although I am here it often does not feel like I am on the other side of the world.
- I am going to venture out when my washing is finished and see some live music at Amnesty, like last week although this week it is somebody different, can’t remember who they are.

On a side note it feels funny having Easter in a different place I’m thinking of making myself an egg hunt and buying myself a present just to make it feel a little more authentic. Maybe. I’ll let you know what I do.

I think that is all for now. Well done if you read all of that I think next time I will keep it to less information and stories.
I hope that everyone is well and has a good Easter.
God bless and All my love xx

2 comments:

  1. Hello! Happy Easter from the Eltham crew. Hope you are feeling better. You are doing really well to have a place to live already.Isn't it a great idea that the washing machine is in the kitchen? Do they have a shower?! We found they sometimes didn't. Good luck with the job hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes there is a shower thankfully. Thanks for the best wishes. Hope that you are all well and had a great easter.

    ReplyDelete