Friday, April 3, 2009

I'm not very good at blogging or finding my way back to my hostel

I am beginning to wonder how i have made it through life thus far without something really bad happening to me. I have lost almost all of my possessions at least once in the past week, i have found everything i think but have still lost a heap of stuff, immigration card, room key, student card, sunglasses, etc etc. So I didn't read what i had done or written before doing this so may repeat myself. But I will go from when I arrived in Galway. i am in Galway now, sitting in the hostel with my new room friends, they are lots of fun and i'm not just writing this because one of them is reading along :) hello Stef! So, i am feeling quite meh today, I really need a place of my own. well at least somewhere that is not a hostel, I'm quite over this. I can't get a job beacause no where is hiring and i feel like i have been here for a month not a week. there are lots of places avail. to live but i didn't want to get anywhere until i had a job but i am now thinking that i will just get somewhere asap. so tomorrow i will hopefully get something fingers crossed. I had an interview today for a carer type job that seemed good it payed well but i think that i screwed up the interview i was quite tempted to go back and ask if i could do it over. That has really put a damper on my day. I feel tired and i think i am getting sick. If i had of blogged yesterday it would not of sounded so sad so i apologise for the negativity. I like galway it is nice a good size. I would like to stay here i just would like to get a job.
So back to happy times;
* I bought a super cute red coat/jacket from the op shop and made friends with the op shop lady - when i was leaving she was like "will i see you again" and i replied "i hope so" and i do. Op shops do not seem to be a huge thing her well at least i haven't seen many so I'm glad i found one.
*I went to see some live music at the amnesty cafe- saw a guy called herm - he was really good.
*I have met lots of really nice people so far.
*It has been a really fine sunny week with it not being very cold - except for today when it rained and was very grey.
* the whether has lifted the moods of all.
*We found a place called SUPERMACS it is wonderful (wonderfully oily and fried) (just between you and me it is not that wonderful)! It is basically Macdonalds, although hayley one of the girls i'm sitting with now is sure that supermacs s**ts of Macdonals. They have like 7 different types of fries - which are actually chips (cheese and garlic, coleslaw, taco, etc). I even applied for a job there. I'm quite desperate.
* This is for you little rachie, I applied for a job at Penny's today (Ireland's Primark) I would quite like to work at a supermarket or dept store, the checkout chicks get to sit down and the customer packs their own bags, it would be a great job.

Well I am going out now (but I am so tired and ready to go sleep), but I will try and update this again soon.

All my love xx

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad it is sunny because we all know in Adelaide why it is so green in Ireland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Relax a little. I'm sure it won't matter if you don't get a job straight away.

    ReplyDelete